If you wish to go to the current Fangoria site, you may click the top logo, "Home" or "News" links. Or click here.
Shout! Factory gave Fango the first word on the full details on its upcoming disc releases of the Roger Corman Cult Classics titles GALAXY OF TERROR and FORBIDDEN WORLD. The two space shockers both street July 20.
GALAXY, directed by Bruce D. Clark from a script he wrote with Marc Siegler, stars Erin Moran and Sid Haig (pictured left), Edward Albert, Robert Englund and Ray Walston as members of a spaceship crew who wind up on a planet where their worst nightmares come to life (including an oversized, sexually voracious maggot). The DVD and Blu-ray will supplement the movie with:
• Audio commentary by the cast and crew
• “New Worlds” featurette—producer Corman, Siegler and Clark discuss the origins of the film
• “The Crew of the Quest” featurette—Actors Englund, Haig, Taaffe O’Connell and Grace Zabriskie discuss their experiences as crew members of the U.S.S. Quest
• “Planet of Horrors” featurette—a detailed look into the creation of the film’s memorable sets and alien landscapes
• “Future King” featurette—memories of co-production designer (and future visionary filmmaker) James Cameron from members of the cast and crew
• “Old School” featurette—a journey into the complicated mechanical and makeup FX with artists Allan A. Apone, Douglas J. White, Alec Gillis and others
• “Launch Sequence” featurette—co-editor R.J. Kizer walks us through postproduction and a profile on composer Barry Schrader
• Theatrical trailers
• Extensive photo galleries including posters, production sketches and designs
• Theatrical trailer with commentary from A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE screenwriter Josh Olson, courtesy of Trailersfromhell.com
• Original screenplay
Retail price is $19.93 for the DVD, $26.97 for the Blu-ray.
In Allan Holzman’s FORBIDDEN WORLD, written by Tim Curnen, Jesse Vint plays a bounty hunter called in to take on a vicious, scientifically created mutant creature on the planet Xarbia. It’ll be issued in a pair of two-disc sets: a Blu-ray/DVD combo with an anamorphic 1.85:1 transfer of the theatrical version on the former and the never-before-seen, unrated director’s cut (presented in fullscreen) on the latter, and a two-DVD set with one edition on each. Special features are:
• Audio commentary by Holzman on the director’s cut
• Interview with Corman
• Interviews with cast and crew including Holzman, Vint and composer Susan Justin
• A look at FORBIDDEN WORLD’s FX with John Carl Buechler, Robert Skotak, Tony Randel and R. Christopher Biggs
• Poster and still gallery
• Original theatrical trailer
• Additional New World trailers
Retail price is $19.93 for the two-DVD set, $26.97 for the Blu-ray/DVD combo. Check out a preview of the Corman Cult Classics below and see more information on them here.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT NEWS, CONTESTS, EVENTS AND MORE!
All contents © 2011 Fangoria Entertainment