If you wish to go to the current Fangoria site, you may click the top logo, "Home" or "News" links. Or click here.
Wizard World, which hosts multiple conventions for science fiction and fantasy fans each year, is getting scary in 2010, with new horror-oriented attractions and a short-film contest at its events scheduled for this year.
In conjunction with the New York City Horror Film Festival and Fearsmag.com, Wizard World will host a Horror Pavilion at each of its conventions. These are special dedicated areas where fright fans, professionals and vendors can meet and network; movies, comics, video games, music and other media will be showcased, with SAW exhibits at all shows and Bruce Campbell recently confirmed for the Philadelphia show. In addition, the first six shows will feature the Killer Shorts Sudden Death Film Competition, in which filmmakers will have a chance to get their flicks (must be 15 minutes or less) screened and voted on by attending fans. The winners from each show will then receive an award at Wizard World Austin, which takes place in the Texas city November 12-14 at the Austin Convention Center; those movies will also be shown at this year’s New York City Horror Film Fest. The other Wizard World venues, with submission information for the Sudden Death Competition, are as follows:
• Wizard Anaheim, CA Comic Con, April 16-18: Submissions currently being accepted via mail, postmarked no later than April 5, and on site beginning Friday, April 16 until 2 p.m. Saturday, April 17
• Wizard Philadelphia, PA Comic Con, June 11-13: Submissions being accepted via mail beginning April 9 and postmarked no later than May 28, and on site beginning Friday, June 11 until 2 p.m. Saturday, June 12
• Wizard Chicago, IL Comic Con, August 19-22: Submissions being accepted via mail beginning June 14 and postmarked no later than Aug. 2, and on site beginning Friday, Aug. 19 until 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 21
• New England Wizard Comic Con, Boston, MA, October 1-3: Submissions being accepted via mail beginning Aug. 30 and postmarked no later than September 24, and on site beginning Friday, Oct. 1 until 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2
• Big Apple/Wizard Comic Con, New York, NY, Oct. 7-10: Submissions being accepted via mail beginning Aug. 4 and postmarked no later than Sept. 29, and on site beginning Friday, Oct. 7 until 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 9
• Wizard New Jersey Comic Con, Oct. 15-17: Submissions being accepted via mail beginning Aug. 11 and postmarked no later than Oct. 6, and on site beginning Friday, Oct. 15 until 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 16
For details on submitting films, check out the New York City Horror Fest site linked above; slots are limited and will be given on a first come, first served basis. For more info on Wizard World’s shows, click on that link above.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT NEWS, CONTESTS, EVENTS AND MORE!
All contents © 2011 Fangoria Entertainment