If you wish to go to the current Fangoria site, you may click the top logo, "Home" or "News" links. Or click here.
• Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced a DVD/Blu-ray date for THE ROAD (pictured), director John Hillcoat’s adaptation of the Cormac McCarthy novel, set in a postapocaplyptic future through which a father and his young son struggle to survive.
The bleak survival thriller hits disc May 25. No special features, if any, have yet been announced to accompany the movie, which stars Viggo Mortensen, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Charlize Theron, Robert Duvall and Guy Pearce. It’ll be presented in anamorphic widescreen, with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio; retail price is $27.96 for the DVD, $34.95 for the Blu-ray.
• Fango got ahold of the details and cover art for Well Go USA’s DVD release of GOTH, a dark Japanese thriller that arrives May 11. Directed and co-scripted by Gen Takahashi based on the novel by Otsuichi, the movie focuses on Tokyo high-schoolers Morion (Rin Takanashi) and Kamiyama (Kanata Hongo), who are fascinated with murder and human cruelty. They become obsessed with the case of a serial killer who has been slaying local young women, leaving their bodies on display with their hands amputated, and decide to track him down—not to stop him, but so they can get the first look at his crimes. The disc will also include a making-of segment and the original trailer, and retails for $19.98.
• DVD Active got the first look at cover art for Lionsgate Home Entertainment’s disc releases of the Spierig Brothers’ vampire epic DAYBREAKERS. Go here for our first report on the contents of the DVD and Blu-ray, which street May 11.
• Dread Central got word from director Victor Garcia that his 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment sequel MIRRORS 2 will arrive on DVD October 19. Nick Stahl stars as a young man who takes a job as a night watchman at a department store owned by his father (William Katt), and begins seeing the specter of a woman in the building’s mirrors while his co-workers start dying horribly. Look for Katt’s comments on MIRRORS 2 at this site shortly and set coverage in the future.
• Phase 4 Films has set DVD dates of May 25 in Canada and June 1 in the U.S. for Daniel Maze’s psychofest CORNERED! Steve Guttenberg, James Duval, Elizabeth Nicole, Peter Story, Eduardo Antonio Garcia and Ellia English star as a group of LA convenience-store workers who stay late one night for a poker game, only to be trapped and terrorized by a mysterious murderer. The movie will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, with behind-the-scenes material and trailers. Retail price is $29.99 U.S., $32.99 Canada.
• Details have also surfaced for the multiple disc releases of BABYSITTER WANTED, coming May 25 from Big Screen Entertainment Group. Directed by Michael Manasseri and Jonas Barnes from the latter’s screenplay, the film stars Sarah Thompson as a college student who undergoes a night of terror when she accepts the titular job at a remote farmhouse. BABYSITTER co-stars Bill Moseley and will be available on single DVD, a double-DVD set and Blu-ray, all in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. The latter two editions will include:
• Audio commentary
• Behind-the-scenes footage
• Music video
• Theatrical trailers
Retail price is $19.95 for the single DVD, $24.95 for the double and $29.95 for the Blu-ray.
• Warner Home Video has announced that SUPERNATURAL: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON will make its Blu-ray debut June 15. The first 22 adventures of the Winchester brothers, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) will be presented on this four-disc set in 16x9-enhanced widescreen with English 5.1 audio, accompanied by over five hours of bonus content:
• “The Devil’s Road Map”: interactive map guide to season one’s urban legends and unusual facts—new on this edition
• Paley Festival panel discussion with cast and creators—previously available only as a limited-edition account exclusive
• Audio commentary on the pilot by creator Eric Kripke, director David Nutter and producer Peter Johnson
• Audio commentary on “Phantom Traveler” by Padalecki and Ackles
• Unaired/extended scenes
• “Day in the Life of Jared and Jensen” featurette
• “SUPERNATURAL: Tales from the Edge of Darkness” featurette
• Gag reel
Retail price is $49.99.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT NEWS, CONTESTS, EVENTS AND MORE!
All contents © 2011 Fangoria Entertainment